Thursday, May 28, 2009

John Deere and sand dunes

Greensburg is underway. I'm getting several interviews done and have even completed a couple of stories. Yay!

Larry Hatteburg came out for the morning to give a presentation. It was very interesting to hear how he goes about getting interviews and putting together the pieces he does. He is one of my TV journalism icons. And, nerdy as I am, I had to add to my collection of photographs of semi-famous people.



Later this afternoon I went to the BTI John Deere Dealership where EVERYTHING was John Deere. Even the pop and vending machines!
I was so impressed! One guy said they had a pop corn maker too... However, I did not see it, but I do believe that if one did exist, it could be found in this location.
One of the girls from the class got her car stuck in the sand on one of the roads outside of town so we had to go dig her out. It was quite an adventure as well. I'm going home tomorrow and I can't say that I will be sad to leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st to post! Championship! Just kidding... Hope everything is going well in the Burg. Miss ya!
Ryan

Anonymous said...

I am a stalker...

Anonymous said...

just kiddin that was me.
Ryan