Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Bittersweet Homecoming

It's been awhile since I've been on here...lots of catching up at home, I guess. I made it safely home from Greensburg last Thursday night (I was fortunate enough to have everything completed and was able to come home a little early).

Coming home wasn't the best homecoming a person could ask for, I guess. When I arrived at home, my cousin Dustin was there. Usually that means something bad, which was true in this case. His sister, Emily, was born with cistic fibrosis (CF) and has some problems with it. In this case, Emily was admitted to ICU and Dustin had to come stay with us while she is in the hospital.

A few months ago, Emily decided to put her name on the list for a lung transplant. Ever since then, she seems to be getting more worn out and tired. On Tuesday, Emily was released from ICU and put into a regular room. Hopefully she will be able to come home by the end of the weekend (we can only pray).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well hello girl. just checking in.

Your fav
Ryan